Monday, August 1, 2011

Being Lazy





























God's been dealing with me on laziness recently.

Proverbs 26 says:
A sluggard says, “There’s a lion in the road,
a fierce lion roaming the streets!”

I can't tell you how many times I've known I had something I needed to do. But I came up with an excuse NOT to get up & do it by crafting a "legitimate sounding" excuse based on a "supposed fear."

For instance: I know I need to mow the lawn. But it's so hot out, I might get heat stroke. REALLY? Seriously? Let's be honest and say that I just don't want to mow the lawn.

Or...

I know I need to change that light bulb. But climbing that ladder is dangerous. I might fall, and THEN where would I be? I couldn't support my family if I broke my back.

Sheesh. Time to man up!

No comments:

Post a Comment