Friday, March 12, 2010

Who Let The Cat Out?

My kids did. I was circling the block on my run last night and saw that our front door was wide open.

So I approached the door, opened it up...and yelled in: "I'm a man with a gun and I'm here to harm all of you."




My wife screamed, my daughters cried. My son just stared blankly at me. My wife was irritated. But my point was made and they locked the door as I left to continue my run.

Later that night (11:30 to be exact) I'm snoozing and my wife is cutting coupons on the bed. She looks over and says: "Where's Coco?" Our cat had gone missing...presumably during the scream-fest earlier in the evening. My wife woke our oldest up. She was the one who had left the door open, so it makes sense that she would get to go with mom in the dead of night to find our cat.

They found Coco one street over cuddling with a garbage can. After much prayer and worrying, our family has learned our lesson to keep our doors shut.

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment